In Stock. Black. SUPERB product! We use it here.
The SL-G700M2 is the successor to the SL-G700, a network/Super Audio CD player with new digital and analogue technologies have now been introduced to improve the performance and sound. In recent years the demand for superior quality sound continues to grow due to various diverse factors, including the establishment of various high-resolution formats (including SACD), the emergence of high-quality streaming platforms and the continuing vinyl record resurgence.
As a multi-digital audio player, this model supports a wide range of music sources. In addition to Super Audio CD/CD playback, it also supports MQA®, numerous high-resolution audio sources, and a wide variety of music streaming services.
In developing digital audio signal processing technology for the next generation, Technics' goal has been to achieve phase alignment and ideal impulse response. Starting with LAPC (Load Adaptive Phase Calibration), which was first incorporated in the SE-R1 in 2014, and continuing with Space Tune and the PHONO Response Optimizer, this concept has been consistently applied according to product and class.
The SL-G700M2 is equipped with the High Precision Coherent D/A Converter, which is the result of the accumulation of these technologies. The High Precision Coherent D/A Converter is a technology that converts digital values to analogue signals with the utmost precision and outputs them to an amplifier. It is composed of (1) coherent processing, (2) high-performance D/A converter in dual monaural configuration, and (3) a proprietary discrete amplifier circuit.
(1) Coherent Processing
This technology improves the reproducibility of impulse signals by minimising amplitude and phase deviations that occur throughout the D/A conversion process for signals up to 192 kHz PCM using proprietary digital signal processing*. With this processing, purity of the sound is increased, and the sound image is clearer.
*DSD signals such as Super Audio CD are input directly to the DAC without performing this processing.
(2) High-performance D/A converter in dual monaural configuration
The dual ESS ES9026PRO is newly adopted for the DAC chip. The symmetrical placement of one L/R unit on each side and their independent transmission structures reduce mutual interference and faithfully reproduce the sound image and musical space contained in the sound source.
(3) Proprietary discrete amplifier circuit
The filter circuit after the D/A conversion uses an amplifier circuit with a unique discrete configuration instead of an operational amplifier IC. This realises even higher responsiveness and S/N and reproduces even the most subtle sounds.
Power supply noise suppression that thoroughly eliminates adverse effects on minute signals
Digital audio players that handle small signals require thorough noise suppression because even the slightest noise can significantly affect sound quality. The SL-G700M2 is equipped with a Multi-Stage Silent Power Supply that applies and deploys developed and proven technologies. The Multi-Stage Silent Power Supply provides thorough noise suppression in three stages: (1) High-speed switching power supply, (2) low-noise regulator, and (3) current injection active noise cancelling.
(1) High-speed switching power supply
The SL-G700M2 uses a high-speed switching power supply of approximately 300 kHz, which is also used for the analogue circuits of the SU-R1000 reference-class integrated amplifier. By increasing the switching frequency, the interference of noise on the music playback bandwidth is reduced and a highly responsive power supply is achieved.
(2) Low-noise regulator
Combined with the original stabilized power supply circuit, this dedicated power supply unit provides stable power with low noise. The discrete circuit structure does not use any general-purpose ICs, and meticulous tuning provides power optimised for analogue circuits.
Low noise at high level and stable power supply are realised with the fine tuning of circuit patterns.
(3) Current injection active noise cancelling
This newly developed technology removes unwanted noise components by applying an inverse phase current to the detected noise. More effective current noise rejection can be achieved by using the push/pull method in combination with conventional noise rejection by drawing current.
A wide variety of music sources, including Super Audio CD and MQA can be played. USB-B input is newly supported.
High-definition disc playback
This model supports playback of Super Audio CD, which is a high-quality audio disc format. For further sound quality enhancement, a "Pure Disc Playback" mode, dedicated for Super Audio CD/CD playback. In that mode, all circuit blocks except those required for Super Audio CD/CD playback are shut off to reduce the internal noise and enhance sound quality.
Supports various high-resolution formats in addition to MQA®
This model supports MQA and is capable of full decoding playback of MQA files and MQA-CDs. Various other high-resolution formats are also supported, including WAV/AIFF up to 384 kHz/32 bit, FLAC/ALAC up to 384 kHz/24 bit, and DSD up to 11.2 MHz file playback.
Enhanced network playback functions
This model supports Chromecast built-in, which enables a wide range of music streaming services from Google Chromecast-enabled apps, as well as AirPlay 2. Wi-Fi® and Bluetooth® wireless connections are also supported.
The SL-G700M2 is equipped with a new USB-B port that allows constant connection to a network audio server or PC for playback of high-resolution sound sources from the connected device.
Housing and chassis that support high sound quality and high-quality design
The SL-G700M2 is divided into four sections inside the chassis, with the power supply, digital interface, analogue circuitry, and disk drive sections, each being independent of the other. This suppresses mutual interference between circuits and reduces sound quality degradation. The disc drive adopts a three-layer chassis configuration. Powerful vibration-damping and quiet construction, including a disc tray made of die-cast aluminium, ensures high-precision disc playback.
The exterior features a hairline-finished 7 mm-thick aluminium front panel and 3 mm-thick aluminium side panels, as well as an engraved Technics logo for a high-grade design and finish.
- stereo playback for SACDs, CDs, CD-Rs & CD-RWs
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) and Bluetooth® for wireless music streaming
- High Precision Coherent digital-to-analog conversion for high-resolution playback of digital sources
- DSP pre-processing for clearer sound
- ESS Sabre 9026PRO DAC with dual monaural circuit
- isolated battery-driven clock reduces noise and jitter
- high-precision transport mechanism spins discs precisely and accurately
- Multi-stage Silent Power Supply provides stable power with low noise
- built-in headphone amplifier with discrete DAC circuit
- Pure Disc playback mode completely shuts off the network interface circuit to reduce noise
- heavyweight feet suppress noise and vibrations
- remote included
- optical digital and coaxial digital input
- dual USB Type A ports for connecting an external drive and USB Type B port for connecting a computer or network audio server
- up to 32-bit/384kHz resolution (DSD up to 11.2 MHz)
- supports WAV, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, AAC and MP3 files
- Ethernet port for making a wired connection to your network
- optical digital and coaxial digital output
- balanced stereo XLR output
- unbalanced stereo RCA output
- 3.5mm input for system control
Wireless streaming features:
- Apple® AirPlay® 2 lets you stream directly from an iPhone® or iPad® and ask Siri to play Apple Music
- compatible with popular streaming services, including Spotify, TIDAL, Deezer, and more (subscriptions may be required)
- internet radio available via TuneIn, iHeartRadio and SiriusXM
- Chromecast built-in
- voice control via Google Assistant (voice assistant sold separately)
- frequency response: 2Hz - 50kHz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 121 dB (balanced), 118 dB (unbalanced)
- dynamic range: 118 dB (balanced), 115 dB (unbalanced)
- frequency response: 2Hz - 20kHz
- signal-to-noise ratio: 121 dB (balanced), 118 dB (unbalanced)
- dynamic range: 98 dB
Dimensions and warranty:
- 16-15/16"W x 3-7/8"H x 16-1/16"D
- weight: 27.12 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year