NO NONSENSE, ALL HIGH PERFORMANCE DUAL AK4499EQ FLAGSHIP DACS
The AK4499EQ is AKM's flagship third generation DAC. With four channels per DAC chip, a current output architecture, and being manufactured on the LSI special process, the AK4499 has impressive performance. The DAC chip is capable of decoding up to 768kHz sampling rate and native DSD12, and has a signal-to-noise ratio up to 140dB and THD+N as low as -124dB.
AK4499EQ*2 | Samsung Exynos 7872 | XMOS USB chip | 768kHz/32bit,DSD512 | 3rd-gen FGPA technology | 2nd-gen All to DSD
When in USB DAC mode, the M15 utilizes professional grade XMOS XUF208 USB chip, supporting up to 768kHz/32 bit and DSD512 input.
When the M15 is used as a Bluetooth receiver, Qualcomm's CSR8675 flagship Bluetooth chip comes into play for complete Bluetooth audio format support as well as enabling lower latency and faster transfer speeds.
Bluetooth transmission formats:SBC, aptX, aptX-HD, LDAC, HWA
Bluetooth reception formats:SBC, AAC, aptX, aptX-LL, aptX-HD, LDAC
EXYNOS 7872 PROCESSOR UNRIVALLED PROCESSING POWER
- Dual A73 cores + Quad A53 cores
- 3GB RAM + 64GB storage + 2TB expansion
- Supports 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi
The two custom Japanese NDK femtosecond crystals in the M15 allow for a phase noise as low as -140dBc/Hz @ 1kHz offset. These crystals work in conjunction with the 3rd gen FPGA clock algorithm, for lower jitter and ultimately a more accurate clock for the DAC.
Present in the M15 is FiiO's self-developed 3rd generation FGPA with more advanced algorithms, more accurate clocks, and even further reduced jitter.
Ultra-low noise resistors:high precision 0.1% tolerance, low temperature drift, low noise film resistors
Dedicated audio capacitors:4 low-loss polymer tantalum capacitors + 4 Panasonic electrodeless film capacitors + 8 small film capacitors
Ample power reserves:28 220uF low-loss polymer capacitors, 5 100uF high-voltage capacitors
Impressive LPF configuration:Eight 4-way independent Panasonic metallized film capacitors
- 8-layer ultra-thick immersion gold PCB Greatly improves space utilization, and ensures no interference between digital and analog circuits
- Independent shielding for digital and analog circuits + special absorbant material
- For further improved shielding against interference, and pro-grade material specifically to absorb 2.4GHz waves further helps
- Customized thermally conductive silicone, graphene, and copper-nickel-zinc alloy heatsinks
- Effectively conducts internally-generated heat to the outer body, which allows the heat to dissipate into the air
The M15 adopts a fully balanced architecture to ensure every last detail can be heard without sacrificing bold dynamics. Inside this balanced architecture are: 2 all-new high-precision, low-noise, low temperature drift TI OPA2211 op-amps for the low-pass filter, 4 OPA1612 for IV conversion, and 1 OPA1622 for amplification of each channel.
For the first time, FiiO has implemented "active servo power" technology to the final amplification stage, which allows the power output to change depending on the user's preferred settings. When paired with IEMS, you can set the M15 to be optimized for minimal noise as possible. But if you want to use your hard-to-drive 300 ohm headphones, you can enable Big Driver mode to turn your M15 into a power monster capable of pushing such headphones to their limits.
Under a 32-ohm load,single-ended output power is 490mW and balanced output power up to 800mW. Under a 300-ohm load,single-ended output power is 70mW and balanced output power up to 275mW
Noise floor as low as 2.1µV Distortion as low as 0.0004% S/N Ratio up to 122dB
- 7490mAh high energy density lithium cobalt oxide battery
- Custom FPC and Japanese SMK battery connector
- Supports QC2.0, MTK PE, and USB PD fast charging
Dual Quick Charging Technology
Ultra-high Capacity Battery
Deep Sleep Time
The M15 represents the 5th generation of the basic classic columnar design that defined FiiO's previous models, such as the Q1 Mark II/K3/K5 Pro. The left and right sides are made concave to facilitate gripping the device, and the overall arced design gives the M15 totally unified design.
ADC curve reconstruction as employed in the M15's volume adjustment solves problem traditionally associated with analog potentiometers, such as volume imbalance between the left and right channels.
The brightness of the pulsar light can be also adjusted with the volume knob, making each turn of the knob both a visual and auditory delight.
CORNING GORILLA GLASS 5.15 INCH/18:9 BORDERLESS SCREEN
- 86.0%: screen-to-body ratio
- 10-finger multi-touch: Gestures operation
- 312PPI: High density display
- 16.7M: million colors
- 5.15inch: Large screen display
- 1440x720: High resolution
- PET coated, carbon fiber textured back cover
- 2.5mm/3.5mm/4.4mm headphone outputs
- Concentric round analog potentiometer volume knob
- Add to favorites with just one click
- Shuffle to the next track with just one click
- Delete the song currently playing with just one click
- Switch filters with just one click
- Change EQ with just one click
- Enter USB DAC mode with just one click
- Enter Bluetooth decoding mode with just one click
2nd gen global All to DSD functionality with significantly reduced power consumption. When All to DSD is turned on, the various kinds of harmonic distortion in music are more uniformly distributed for a more comfortable and fatigue-free experience.
SUPPORTS MQA 8X DECODING
The M15 supports decoding MQA tracks encoded in the 8x format for master-level sound quality, just as if you were actually in the recording studio.
- Supports DLNA, AirPlay, Wi-Fi music transfer
- Supports FiiO Link, allowing any smartphone to control the M15
- One click to display the track currently playing
- Karaoke playlist management
- Double-tap to wake
- Three finger screenshot
- CPU: Exynos 7872
- DAC Chip: AK4499EQ*2
- Supported rates: 768kHz-32bit, DSD512 native
- USB: Type C USB2.0
- Screen: 5.15 inch 1440x720 borderless 10-point touch display
- Dimensions: 134mmx75mmx18mm (excluding volume knob)
- Weight: approx. 310g
- Charging time: <3.5h
- Battery: 7490mAh high-voltage fast-charging lithium ion
- Battery life: 15 hours
- Output Power 1: 490mW (32Ω/single-ended/big driver mode)
- Output Power 2: 70mW (300Ω/single-ended/big driver mode)
- Output Power 3: 800mW(32Ω/balanced/big driver mode)
- Output Power 4: 280mW(300Ω/balanced/big driver mode)
- Frequency Response: 20Hz~90kHz(-3dB)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: ≥122dB(A-weighted)
- Noise Floor: PO<2.1µV(A-weighted); BAL<4µV(A-weighted)
- Output Impeda nce: <1.1Ω(32Ω load)
- THD+N: <0.0004%(1kHz/10kΩ)