An ultra-high performance low noise tube phono preamplifier for low, medium, and high output mc and mm cartridges.
Truly fantastic sounding!
Magnum version now available - Vinyl lovers are passionate and driven to get the absolute best sound from their system. As good as the Ares is, we regularly received requests for modifications to make it even better. We listened and packaged these modifications together to make the Ares Magnum. The Magnum version adds additional gain for very low output cartridges, improves inner detail , and improves accuracy. The upgrade includes:
- Cinemag "blue label" step up transformers
- PRP resistors in critical spots of the signal path
- Mundorf Supreme inter-stage coupling caps
- Cardas internal wiring
- Upgraded Cardas RCA jacks
Available in Silver or Black faceplates.
- Compatible with almost all low,medium and high output moving coil (mc) and moving magnet (mm) cartridges.
- Pure tube circuit topology
- Precise RIAA equalization
- Custom Cinemag step-up transformers
- Toroidal transformer
- Internal settings for most popular loading options - Internal setting for capacitance loading (0, 150)
- Three gain settings: 40dB, 55dB, 64dB
- Timer delayed start for minimum turn-on noise
- Subsonic filtering
- Precision components throughout
- Machined aluminum faceplate
- Heavy (2 ounce) copper circuit boards - Teflon/silver plated hook-up wire
- Detachable IEC power cord
- 17" W x 9" D x 5.5" H
- Shipping weight 21 lb
- Entirely designed and built in the USA
- 3 year limited warranty (six months on tubes)