The SRM-353X is the exclusive driver unit (amplifier) produced in order to drive STAX electrostatic type Earspeaker much more ideally.
Carefully selected high-quality parts of an audio grade further improved the tone quality, and re-examination of circuit details realized much wider frequency response. XLR input terminal provided enables to connect to the balanced output of audio equipment taking advantage of its superior performance.
Original low-noise dual FET at first stage as well as all-stage direct coupling class-A DC amplifier configuration with no coupling capacitor has realized natural tone quality with much amount of information.
Further improved emitter follower at output stage has enabled wide-range reproduction resulting in both the extended dynamic range at high frequency and the improved tone quality.
In addition to RCA input terminal, XLR balanced input terminal is provided to connect to wide range of audio equipment.
- Custom-made 2-axis 4-gang volume controller is employed.
- Extravagant non-magnetic aluminum alloy chassis of STAX tradition is adopted.
- Components with little aging characteristics are selected carefully in consideration of tone quality and performance. The SRM-353X is the exclusive driver unit (amplifier) produced in order to drive STAX electrostatic type Earspeaker much more ideally.
- Frequency response: DC - 90kHz (when used with one SR-L series Earspeaker)
- Rated input level: 100mV (at 100V output)
- Harmonic distortion: 0.01% or less (with one SR-L500 at 100Vr.m.s. / 1kHz output)
- Input impedance: 50k Ω(RCA) / 50k Ω x 2 (XLR)
- Input terminal: RCA x 1 or XLR x 1 (alternative)
- Maximum output voltage: 400Vr.m.s. / 1kHz
- Standard bias voltage: DC580V
- Mains voltage: Different depending on the area.
- Power consumption: 30W
- Operating temperature / humidity: 0 to 35 degrees C / less than 90% (non condensing)
- Dimension: 150 (W) x100 (H) x360 (D) mm (protruding portion included)
- Weight: 3.0kg