Like its predecessor, the Triode 25 is a push-pull amplifier that utilizes EL34 tubes in the output stage. The push-pull circuit includes a final stage with two power tubes intended for the amplification of the audio signal, and is then followed by a symmetrical output transformer stage that reconstructs the signal into a high-quality linear wave.
Using a push-pull structure in this amplifier design allows for numerous benefits, including higher-output power compared to single-ended designs, improved efficiency and no static polarization of the output transformer for greater performance in the output section.
The Triode 25 can operate in two modes: triode and pentode. The latter is capable of delivering a maximum power output of over 45 watts per channel (6Ω load) with minimal harmonic distortion across the entire audio band.
The addition of a USB input modernises the Triode 25 and increases its appeal to the growing world of computer audiophiles, who use their laptop or computer as a high-quality audio source for their hi-fi. The USB input is 32-bit/384kHz and DSD 128 compliant to support the latest standards in studio quality audio.SPECIFICATIONS:
- Type: Push-Pull Integrated Valve Amplifier with Switchable Triode and Pentode modes
- Output Stage: Push-Pull, Ultralinear, Class-AB
- Valves: 4x EL-34 + 2x ECC-83 + 1x ECC-82
- Output: 45 Watts per channel (Pentode) + 25 Watts per channel (Triode)
- Output Impedance: 6 ohms
- Inputs: 5 line RCA
- DAC: 32-bit, DSD-compatible USB input for streaming from a computer/device
- Remote Control: YES
- Dimensions: (WxHxD) 30 x 20 x 44 cms
- Weight: 20 Kgs