Wharfedale’s new EVO4 has grown out of the extensive research and development that produced the ELYSIAN flagship loudspeakers and borrows much of the technology involved in ELYSIAN.
The primary focus is on the AMT development resulting in a radically different way of reproducing high frequency detail efficiently and accurately. Similar cabinet technology to ELYSIAN provides a stable and solid foundation for the drive units with radiused edges to help integrate the driver output with the room acoustics. In addition the unique SLPP bass reflex system, as developed for ELYSIAN, is now incorporated in EVO4.
- Type: 2-way bookshelf speaker
- Enclosure Type: bass reflex
- Bass Driver: 5" (130mm) black woven Kevlar® cone
- Treble Driver: 55 x 80mm AMT
- Sensitivity (2.83V@1m): 87 dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 25 - 100 W
- Peak SPL: 96 dB
- Nominal Impedance: 4Ω (compatible 8Ω)
- Minimum Impedance: 3.5Ω
- Frequency Response (±3dB): 52 Hz ~ 24 kHz
- Bass Extension (-6dB): 48 Hz
- Crossover Frequency: 3.3 kHz
- Weight: 8 kg