NOW ROON READY.
Melco N1Z/2 is the flagship of the new Mk2 series. True audiophile source components designed for both Ethernet connected Players (Streamers) and for connection to a USB connected DAC. The N1Z/2 is constructed as a true Hi-Fi source component with heavy anodised aluminium chassis sections bead blasted to a delightful finish, and with an internal rigid H frame to isolate vibration and isolate the various sections of the hardware. Twin power supplies with additional capacitor banks with audio grade film capacitors isolate the HDD from the data processing, and multiple stages of noise reduction and isolation ensure the quietest possible environment for the sensitive electronics. A precision low jitter clock handles the data flow whether to the USB-DAC or the Ethernet player. The drives are mounted on massive non-magnetic foundation plate, and the N1ZS20 uses 2nd generation SSD which is quite unlike IT SSD which seriously compromise sound quality. The SSDS are format as RAID 0 for optimum sound quality. The N1ZH has SFF drives – which are much less electrical noise than conventional 3.5 inch HDD. Operation of the N1Z is very convenient, with a dedicated Neutrik USB 2.0 port for a DAC, and then 3 USB 3.0 ports for Easy backup, Easy Expansion, Easy Import of CD or from USB drives, Easy Play without import from USB drives or CD loader so that a legacy CD collection can benefit from the latest DAC technology. All without ant require men for a PC or any IT type devices.
IT NAS will connect to the network switch or router with a single LAN port, and the network player or streamer will also connect to the network switch with a single LAN port. Crucially, this is the same as all the other devices in the home - most of which are not audio devices and are very busy creating network traffic that compromises the performance of the player.
Melco has two Ethernet ports and sophisticated internal network data processing. One port is connected to the network and receives all network traffic – the majority of which is intrusive and damaging to sound quality. Melco N1 features a separate PLAYER Ethernet port that simply connects to the player, filtering all unnecessary network traffic. The connection to the Player is direct without the damaging effects of an IT dataswitch (router), allowing the data packets from the N1 to be correctly timed with low jitter. Music data is supported in all formats up to DSD 256 and PCM 32bit/384kHz.
- Model: HA-N1ZH50/2 & HA-N1ZH50/2BK
- Support file (Server): DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC, MP3, WMA, OGG, LPCM
- Support file (Player): DSF, DFF, FLAC, WAV, ALAC, AIFF, AAC
- Sampling Rate (Server): 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M
- Sampling Rate (Player): 44.1K, 48K, 88.2K, 96K, 176K, 192K, 384K, 2.8M, 5.6M, 11.3M
- Bit Rate: 16-32bit (PCM), 1bit (DSD)
- Media Server: Twonky Media Server
- Terminals: LAN (1000BASE-T), Player (1000BASE-T), Backup (USB 3.0, Rear Panel), Expansion (USB 3.0, Rear Panel), USB 3.0 (Rear Panel), USB 3.0 (Front Panel), USB-DAC (USB 2.0, Rear Panel), Ground Connectable Bolt
- Power supply unit: 30 W x 2 with capacitor bank separated for Main Board Devices and SATA Disk devices
- Music Storage/Drives: 2 x 3TB Hard-drives with floating mechanism
- Local USB DAC Player Control: UPnP Control Point Type 0 or Type 1 supported
- Case: Thick aluminium case
- Size (WxHxD): 350mm x 65mm x 370mm
- Weight: 8.1kg
- 2 Years Warranty