Elysian Series speakers from Wharfedale are luxurious in every way. The Elysian 4 is a gorgeous floor-stander that makes a stunning visual impression as well as delivering powerful, revealing sound. Its finely balanced drivers and accurate crossovers create a transparent, detailed and immersive soundstage. This speaker's solidly engineered cabinet comes in three beautiful finishes to complement your decor.
Wharfedale's engineers chose an advanced folded ribbon tweeter — a.k.a. Air Motion Transformer — for the Elysian line, in order to produce silky-smooth high frequencies. They explored a number of possible materials for the midrange and bass drivers, searching for an ideal match for the sensitivity and accuracy offered by the tweeter.
Innovators that they are, they settled on a proprietary woven fiberglass matrix that offers a unique combination of strength and flexibility. It allows the 6" midrange to reproduce voices and instruments with impressive detail and accuracy.
The material is also used in the speaker's dual 8-1/2" woofers, which offer the type of deep, musical bass that can really enhance your music listening experience. Bass performance is enhanced by the solidly built cabinet, which features the Slot-Loaded Profiled Port — an advanced version of Wharfedale's signature slot-loaded port.
- 3-way design
- Air Motion Transformer (AMT) tweeter
- 6" coated fiberglass matrix midrange driver
- two 8-1/2" coated fiberglass matrix woofers
- frequency response: 30-22,000 Hz (±3dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 15-250 watts
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- nominal impedance: 4 ohms
- bass reflex design with port on the underside of the enclosure
- two sets of binding post speaker terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- removable magnetic grille
- 15-7/8"W x 46-13/16"H x 18-3/16"D (on plinth)
- weight: 109.13 lbs.