The new LUMIN D3 music streamer inherits the Sabre DAC technology used throughout the rest of our range and combines it with our new all-aluminum compact chassis.
The latest LUMIN processor technology provides DSD256 upsampling and TIDAL Connect bringing audiophile-grade performance within your reach.
The new D3 retains fully balanced design & XLR outputs. New processor & Sabre DAC w/ buffer incl. X1 tech. DSD256/PCM384 up/down-sampling. TIDAL Connect, Airplay 2 & more, INCLUDING PLEX*. Completely new hardware & software. Increased power & storage capacity. All-new processing system. Full aluminum enclosure, CNC front panel for superior damping. Improves on D2 chassis by eliminating steel.
*Plex is a popular music management service that combines a user's own video, audio, and photos with online streaming services. Controlling apps are available for mobile devices, smart TVs, streaming boxes, web browsers and more.
There are free and subscription-based options.
LUMIN + Plex
LUMIN is the first (and only) high-end audio system that can discover and connect to Plex. No network configuration is required and delivery is bit-perfect.
With the recent launch of Plexamp, Plex have created a music-only platform which is graphically rich and internet-enabled to include Music Recommendations, Artwork & Tag Database, Lyrics, Radio Stations, and more! It also means that LUMIN can be controlled on a wide range of devices, from Linux computers and Smart TVs to web browsers and Raspberry Pi.
- Up to DSD256, 1-bit, Stereo
- Up to 384kHz, 16–32-bit, Stereo
ANALOG OUTPUT STAGE:
- ESS SABRE32 ES9028Pro DAC chip
- Balanced layout with high-quality components
- The completely redesigned analog buffer includes an audio grade output capacitor and ultra-low-noise and high dynamic range.
- Discreet clock system for precision timing
UPSAMPLING RATES & BIT DEPTHS:
- DSD256 upsampling option for all files
- PCM 384kHz upsampling option for all files
DIGITAL OUTPUT STAGE:
- BNC SPDIF:
- PCM 44.1kHz–192kHz, 16–24-bit
- DSD (DoP, DSD over PCM) 2.8MHz, 1-bit
- Internal 100–240V AC auto-ranging
- Shielded power supply compartment for reduced interference with delicate electronics
- Black anodized aluminum
- Raw anodized aluminum
- 300mm (W), 244mm (D), 60mm (H), 2.5kg
- UPnP AV protocol with audio streaming extension (OpenHome)
- Roon Ready
- TIDAL Connect
- Spotify Connect
- AirPlay 2 compatible
- Gapless Playback
- On-Device Playlist
- Native support for TIDAL, MQA, Qobuz and TuneIn Radio.
- Tidal MQA icons to identify high-res music
- Qobuz high-res icons to identify high-res music
- Volume control
- High-resolution artwork
- Artwork caching
- Multiple tag handling
- Composer tag support
- Album-grouping in playlist
- Automatic internet links to artists/album/songs
- Saving and restoring of playlists (including Tidal and Qobuz)
SUPPORTED AUDIO FILE FORMATS:
- DSD Lossless: DSF (DSD), DIFF (DSD), DoP (DSD)
- PCM Lossless: FLAC, Apple Lossless (ALAC), WAV, AIFF
- Compressed (lossy) Audio: MP3
- Ethernet RJ45 network 1000Base-T
- USB storage, flash drive, USB hard disk (Single-partition FAT32, exFAT and NTFS only)
ANALOGUE AUDIO OUTPUTS:
- XLR balanced, 6Vrms, pin 2 Hot
- RCA unbalanced, 3Vrms
SUPPORTED CONTROL DEVICES:
- Apple devices. iOS 11.0 or later
- Android devices. Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) or later required
- Apple Silicon. macOS 11 or later. (Download the iOS App from the iOS App Store)
- Chromebook. Google Play Store required.
- Leedh Processing lossless digital volume control
- Programme of Continuous Development – Firmware-upgradable for further features and enhancements