The new NAD M66 Preamp is a “no-compromise component” that combines ESS Technology’s flagship DAC chip, the BluOS multi-room streaming platform and Dirac room correction processing in one versatile box, and is the natural partner for the company’s M23 power amplifier, or your existing hi-end amplifer..
For the uninitiated, BluOS and the companion BluOS Controller app make for one of the most comprehensive streaming platforms on the market, offering access to streaming services, internet radio, and local and network-attached music (up to 24-bit/192kHz). As well as being able to play ball with other BluOS components in a multi-room environment.
Dirac Live Room Correction, meanwhile, allows M66 owners to calibrate the preamplifier’s performance according to their room size and characteristics, via the supplied microphone and (free) Dirac Live app. And that isn’t the only Dirac software onboard either. Bass reproduction has seemingly been a focal point, with the M66 offering four balanced XLR and four unbalanced RCA subwoofer outputs (supposedly a first for a two-channel preamp) in addition to Dirac Live Bass Control, which allows for independent calibration of multiple connected subwoofers.
- Vinyl fans will appreciate the M66’s ultra-quiet MM/MC phono stage, which features precise RIAA equalization, high overload margins, and an innovative circuit that suppresses the infrasonic noise that is always present with vinyl playback without affecting bass response.
- For TV and movie viewing, there’s an HDMI eARC port for connection to an HDTV.
- Digital inputs include two coaxial and two optical S/PDIF inputs, an AES/EBU balanced digital input
- Analog inputs - two pairs of RCA line-level analogue inputs, and one pair of XLR balanced inputs.
- RCA and balanced XLR outputs for connection to a power amplifier
- Four unbalanced RCA and four balanced XLR subwoofer outputs.
- Dedicated headphone amplifier with very low output impedance and very high maximum output voltage, enabling it to drive demanding high-impedance studio monitor headphones.
- Bluetooth transmitter to headphones, with support for the AAC, LDAC, and aptX HD codecs.
The Masters M66 represents the pinnacle of what is technically achievable in a two-channel preamplifier today, and will maintain its technological leadership for decades to come. On the rear panel are two expansion slots that support MDC2, the latest generation of NAD’s Modular Design Construction future-proofing technology. As technology evolves, this will enable M66 owners to add new capabilities simply by inserting an MDC2 module into one of the slots.
Everything about the NAD Masters M66 BluOS streaming DAC-preamp is intended to inspire pride of ownership: the gorgeous 7″ touchscreen, the elegant aluminium casework, and the silky-smooth digital volume control. With its leading-edge technology, unmatched versatility, and superb build quality, the Masters M66 is truly a masterpiece of sound.
• Ethernet and Wi-Fi networking
• BluOS network streamer provides access to over 20 streaming services, including several that deliver lossless and high-resolution audio
• Flagship ESS Sabre ES9038PRO DAC and ES9822PRO ADC chips
• Innovative Dynamic Digital Headroom (DDH) circuit eliminates digital intersample peak clipping distortion
• Full MQA hardware decoding and rendering
• Support for Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, Tidal Connect
• Seamless integration with smarthome control systems such as Crestron, Control4, ELAN, RTI, URC, and others
• Support for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri voice control
• Dirac Live Room Correction
• Four balanced and four unbalanced subwoofer outputs
• Dirac Live Bass Control enables seamless blend between the subwoofer(s) and main speakers, and smooth bass response throughout the listening area
• Ultra-quiet MM/MC phono stage with precise RIAA equalization, high overload margins, and infrasonic filter
• HDMI port with eARC support
• Two optical and two coaxial S/PDIF inputs, one AES/EBU balanced digital input, two pairs of RCA line-level analogue inputs, one pair of XLR balanced inputs
• Dedicated headphone amplifier with low output impedance and very high output voltage capability
• Ultra-precise resistor-ladder digital volume control
• 7″ front-panel touchscreen
• Elegant aluminium casework
• Two MDC2 expansion slots for adding future capabilities
• Premium IR remote control included
*all features and details listed are preliminary