The new PSB CS AIC 860's angled driver setup projects sound down from your ceiling and forward toward your listening position, for three-dimensional sound that wraps around you. With many angled in-ceiling speakers, an effect known as "refraction" can give away the speaker's position in your ceiling, and spoil the effect of seamless home theater. The CS AIC 860s design minimizes this effect, furthering the illusion that the sound is coming directly in front of your listening area.
The speaker's 6-1/2" woofer smoothly handles mids and lows, while the pivoting tweeter lets you point high-frequency details directly at your listening position. A pair of EQ switches can then be used to individually adjust the output for each, letting you tinker with your sound until it's just the way you want it.PSB evaluates each of their speakers extensively, performing double-blind tests and comparing measurements in real room conditions and a non-reflective, echo-free anechoic chamber. This ensures their speakers have rich, lifelike sound that faithfully reproduces its original source material.
The PSB CS AIC 860 comes with both round and square frameless magnetic grilles, for flexibility in matching your decor. Installation is streamlined with a simple dogleg mounting system. Once the speaker's in place, just tighten each dogleg with a screwdriver. Optional pre-construction brackets and back cans are available separately. Please contact us.
PRICED PER EACH.
- designed for custom-installation home theater and multi-room audio systems
- 6 1/2" carbon-filled polypropylene woofer with rubber surround
- angled woofer helps create a wide, three-dimensional sound stage
- 1" titanium dome tweeter with waveguide
- pivoting tweeter lets you direct high-frequency details towards your listening position
- EQ switches for both woofer and tweeter let you tune the speaker's output for your room
- frameless magnetic steel grilles for a seamless look and easy attachment
- includes both round and square grilles (white)
- gold-plated, spring-loaded connectors handle speaker wire up to 12-gauge thickness
- frequency response: 48-20,000 Hz (±3 dB)
- recommended amplifier power: 10-100 watts
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- sensitivity: 86 dB (anechoic chamber), 88 dB (listening room)
- overall diameter: 10-3/4"
- cutout diameter: 9-3/4"
- mounting depth: 5"
- weight: 5.15 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years