The AB-1266 Phi TC refines the sonic virtues of our finest headphone with excellent transparency to the source, and hard hitting low frequency impact and resolution. The sound of these headphones easily compares to and in many areas exceed the finest two channel audiophile systems money can buy.
- Chassis consists of left/right side frames and adjustable two piece headband. No plastic parts to break, all components machined from solid aluminum for exceptional strength. Integrated resonance control for minimal added coloration.
- High quality two-tone black polymer ceramic coatings on the all metal frame and components, polished metal accents. Custom colors optional $.
- Proprietary planar magnetic transducer design (Patent Pending) plays effortless dynamics and low level details in the bass, mids, and highs with spacious sound outside of your head. A front row listening experience with stunning bass impact no other headphone can provide, like the finest loudspeakers in a dedicated listening room.
- Matched driver pairs, meaning your brain will appreciate the musical realism of our attention to detail.
- Unique custom made high power neodymium magnets with optimized slot pattern.
- Low carbon steel front baffle with integrated resonance control.
- Unique foamed aluminum sides acoustically tuned to our planar diaphragm for completely open sound.
- High quality soft lambskin ear pads provide comfort and finely tuned acoustics. Magnetically adjustable positioning lets you fine tune acoustics and fit for your music, and you.
- Padded leather headband with head movement isolation properly distributes weight for hours of comfortable wear. Looks are deceiving, these headphones are designed not to clamp your head, but rather float atop and loosely touch your ears (no problem with eye glasses). 'Abyss' embroidered logo.
- Nicely hand-crafted two-tone felt lined wooden box touting the Abyss Headphones logo secures all of the above.
- All main components permanently engraved for traceability and collectability
Please contact us to add additional Ear Pads and/or Headband.
Frequency Response: 5 Hz to 30 KHz
Impedance: 47 ohms nominal
Sensitivity: 88 dB/mW
Distortion: Less than 1%; Less than 0.2% through ears most sensitive range
Weight: 640 grams
- US Patent No. 10,455,343
ABYSS THE STAND:
From Abyss: The best headphone stand ever made!
It’s heavy, it’s sturdy, it won’t tip over, and it can be used with ANY headphone. We CNC and hand finish the wood with a very cool texture.
PLEASE indicate choice of Cherry, Walnut or Sapele in the check out notes.
Available in 2 Packages:
|AB1266 Phi TC Standard Package
||AB1266 Phi TC Complete Package
|AB1266 Phi TC Headphone
||AB1266 Phi TC Headphone
|Balanced 8 FT (2.5 meter) 4 pin XLR cable, with flexible 1/4" (6.3 mm) adaptor. All cables are high performance custom made by JPS Labs for Abyss.
||Upgraded JPS Labs Superconductor HP balanced 8 FT (2.5 m) 4 pin XLR cable set, the highest performance cables available for the AB-1266, and 1/4" (6.3 mm) Superconductor HP flexible adaptor cable.(Custom cable lengths available)
|Velvet bag with embroidered ABYSS logo.
||Heavy leather man bag style carry case (made in California, USA) with extra room and pockets for an iPad, DAP or player, for a complete high resolution audio system.
Optional cable lengths (8 FT / 2.4 m 4 pin XLR is standard)
|Optional cable connector and length