The new 750-watt ULTIMA 2 is a direct replacement for the SPM 6000 MKII and forms part of our flagship Reference range. The amplifier has been given a remodelled fascia. The precision CNC-machined fascia is made from aircraft-grade aluminium and features a reassuringly solid 28-mm thick front panel, enhanced by a recessed spherical polycarbonate power button that illuminates for standby and operation modes; a discreet and hidden front panel switch neatly located in the vertical split line, enables the lighting to be dimmed.
Like all of Chord Electronics’ full-size and Reference range amplifiers, the new ULTIMA 2 is available in a choice of Jett Black or Argent Silver finishes. The amplifiers can also be specified with either the famous stackable Integra Leg system in Jett Black, Argent Silver or Nickel finishes or the highly polished black acrylic side block option. The amplifier’s rear panel contains both balanced and unbalanced connections, high-quality loudspeaker terminals, a 12V trigger and a C-19-type IEC.
- Output Power: 750W RMS per channel @ 0.05% distortion into 8ohms; 1305w into 4ohms
- Frequency Response: -1dB @ 0.2Hz to 46kHz and -3dB 0.1Hz to 200kHz
- Signal to Noise Ratio: Better than -89dB
- Channel Separation: Better than 90dB
- Input Impedance: 100kohms Unbalanced/Balanced
- Output Impedance: 0.04ohms
- Gain: 30dB
- Dimensions without integra legs: 420mm (w) x 670mm (d) x 310mm (h)
- Dimensions with included integra legs: 481mm x 176mm x 750mm
- Weight: 86kg