The new Hifiman EF-600 features a tower footprint doubling as a headphone stand. The EF-600 features the Hymalaya Pro R2R DAC and the 5.12w per channel power output that’s sure to drive almost any headphone you throw at it. It also provides a great assortment of both digital and analog inputs.
The EF600 sound isreference-like in character, tuned towards soundstage expansion that’s natural and wide. The biggest audible standout is its holographic feeling in its imaging with strong separation.
The EF600 features fully balanced inputs and outputs and is highly versatile. It features an industrial design that is aesthetically appealing and serves as a headphone stand, reducing desktop clutter. EF600 also supports high-resolution Bluetooth connectivity, an independent power supply, and a thermally optimized tower case.
HiFiMAN’s new Hymalaya Pro consists of an array of highly accurate resistors that use a “ladder” method of conversion. Itconverts the digital signal with maximum accuracy and overall musicality. Signal-to-noise ratio, total harmonic distortion, and energy consumption are at their musical and efficient best. Hymalaya Pro supports PCM with a maximum 24 Bit resolution. And with the added support of a new algorithm and 0.01% precision resistors, it reaches a THD (total harmonic distortion) rate of -60dB 2%.
- R2R ladder DAC
- 5 Watt per channel headphone amplifier
- Doubles as a headphone stand
- HD Bluetooth codecs including LDAC
- RCA + XLR inputs
- Multiple headphone outputs, including balanced and single-ended
- Outputs: 6.3mm single-ended, XLR four-pin balanced, dual (L/R) XLR three-pin full balanced line outputs
- Rear inputs: RCA, USB-B, and USB-C source connectors
- Signal-to-noise ratio: 118dB (weighted)
- Channel separation: 131+/-3dB
- THD+N (line out): 0.0014% (-8dB)
- Maximum power output: 5.12 Watts per channel @32 ohm balanced/1.8 Watts per channel @32 ohm
- Dimensions: 104mm/4” x 135mm/5 1/4” (top); 104mm/4” x 165mm/6 1/2” (bottom) ; 283mm/11”(height)